Emergency and Urgent Care for Small Animals
PETS has a veterinary staff on-site at all times to provide comprehensive exams when your pet isn’t feeling well. PETS provides evening and weekend care and monitoring for patients that have procedures or have been hospitalized at their regular veterinary clinic. Your pet may not be ready to go home yet, so PETS will provide the needed care overnight or through the weekend.
Fully Equipped ICU
PETS provides continuous monitoring for hospitalized patients. Your pet will be kept comfortable while receiving around-the-clock-care. Our ICU is complete with an oxygen cage, IV fluid pumps, heat support, and monitors for all vital signs. We have CPR capabilities and can monitor vitals continuously.
PETS has a full in-house laboratory and is able to perform most diagnostics while you wait. Some of these important diagnostics are:
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Blood chemistry panel — to check organ functions
- Coagulation times — to check blood clotting abilities
- Fecal testing — to check for intestinal parasites
- Ultrasound and digital x-rays
- Toxin panels
- Blood pressure
We have a fully equipped surgical suite complete with EKG, blood pressure monitoring, and oxygen saturation monitoring to keep your pet as safe as possible during surgery.
PETS is stocked with all the medications and products needed to care for critical patients. Some important products we keep in stock are:
- Blood products for animals needing blood transfusions
- Antivenin for snake bites
- Continuous infusions of IV fluids or medications. We can administer pain medications, antibiotics, or insulin.